I get this question a lot, and I feel it's about time I get around to answering it properly, since I never give a full response.
Basically...it uses mechanics found in most RPG games...but I'm putting my own small turns into it. It's also heavily threaded into the combat itself.
Looting;
-Whatever items the mobs have on them at the time that you kill them...you can pick up.
-I'll create an example scenario:
---You are ambushed by a lone bandit rogue. He's wearing standard leather armour (Nothing impressive), has 2 standard iron daggers with no enchantments, and has a couple Health potions and a Horn of Hail (An item I recently created that causes a Hailstorm spell effect. Don't worry about that until I release a more in-depth answer to the Magic System).
---You attack first (Out of reaction) and out of scenario-only, you get him really good in the leg. He's almost dead, so he drinks one of his 2 Health potions. He then pulls out the horn and summons the Hailstorm. The fight goes on, resulting in you fully destroying his leg, damaging his head, and finally killing him by running him through. He didn't hit you too much, and you didn't give him another chance to heal or fix his leg.
---The resulting loot would be both of his daggers, his Leather Armour set (Whatever pieces he had), one Health potion, and his Horn of Hail.
---He used one potion, so you get the remaining one. The Horn is reusable, so you can also grab it. The daggers were not damaged or dropped/lost/destroyed during the fight, so you grab the. The only catch is that the Leather Armour would be degraded from whatever state it was previously.
And that's how Looting would work. You can replace any item with anything else you can think of, and it would follow the same pattern.
Inventory;
-Limited bagspace.
Yup. That's pretty much it. You're limited to bagspace, no matter what you're carrying (I'm not having it so you're limited to "10 potions", "2 weapons", etc.), you can only have what's in your bag and what's on your body (So you can carry 2 swords, and still have 2 more in your pack if they'll fit).
Note, however, that not all items can fit inside your backpack, and must either be strapped on your back with Harnesses (In the case of Greatswords, Bows, and Staves), or carried in the hand (Whether used in combat or not).
This means you need to think about what you want to carry out of the town with you, and what you want to leave behind (Hint at another unmentioned feature?)
If you have any further questions, you're free to ask them as always, whether through whatever forums I've put this on, this page, or through my email.
CavGunner, out.
No comments:
Post a Comment