5/28/2012

FAQ: Quests. How will they work, fool?

Yeah.  Been busy, haven't done one of these in a long time.
Shush!  I have 3 jobs, dammit!

Anyway!

Essentially, as you know by now, the Quests are random.
Every single target location, quest topic, reward, any number in the quest, difficulty, and every other aspect...is random.

So, for example, you might get a completely randomly generated Quest such as; "Kill 4 Goblins near <CENSORED>.  I'll give you 26 coins for it."
I did the "<CENSORED>".  I'm not giving away places yet, because Pandas.

But yes...that's pretty much it!

In every town, there will be a Quest Board.  Each board will have 3 Quests on it, all of them random, and there will be a different 3 in each town (Although they may be similar).  Once you have taken and completed a Quest in ANY town from ANY board...they ALL reset.
You can also receive Quests from certain people who might like you more than others.  Random people may come up to you in the streets and ask you for help.  Doing these kinds of quests will make the Family of the NPC like you better.

Pre-scripted events may also happen to roll out the Main Quest Line (MQL)...and you obviously get to choose whether or not you do them.
BUT NOTE...that the entire MQL is pre-scripted.  That means that if, say (And this is a COMPLETE example...and NOT what's going to happen.  Totally.  Seriously.  I mean it.), a random messenger came up to you to give you a letter, or something...you can obviously take it, or not take it.  If you take it, wonderful.  If you don't...you will likely delay the MQL...but you're really still IN it.  The entire outcome of the MQL will be, well...random.  Not to mention completely decided upon by your choices.  I wrote up a quick diagram earlier...and I found out that the MQL that I'm planning has roughly 96 different endings, dependent on your choices.  Woo.

So yeah.  That's pretty much this entire FAQ, I guess.
That was easy.

If you have any other questions, or concerns...you know the drill.
Next FAQ; Character Creation

CavGunner, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment